02 Jul 2016
So here we are again, me and the cat comforter that is being converted into a NotQuilt. This week, we’re moving from the finishing the backing to choosing the quilt binding fabric.
I have managed to sew on all of the backing. It looks decent.
The percale quilt binding fabric
I’ve decided on the binding fabric. As it turns out, the two pieces of cat fabric that I will use for the set are both green. I dug through the stash and discovered the edges of sheets (from a long ago project to make a duvet) that are light and dark green!
They are a heavy percale, which should wear very well as a binding. The dark and light greens both coordinate with the green cat fabrics. Both pieces are solid, i.e., not a patterned fabric, so they will frame the cats very nicely and in a non-busy fashion.
Even if I have to piece the binding, it’s a win all around. I won’t know if I have enough fabric until I sew it onto the edges of the cat comforter. That will be several weeks to several months from now, depending on how long it takes me to sew on the front.